Saturday, November 29, 2008

First time skiing and it turns out to be...

On wednesday we decided to go skiing as most people were going to Ny for the thx giving holiday. We started our 1 hour journey to wachussets(the snowboarding place) at 10. I was very excited and when we arived there, the place was like a village, no resto, only a few houses. There is actually on eresto which might be very good but it opened only for dinner.

We went back to the wachussets and ate there(no good food)..i paid $72 for playing, rent was included. I mean renting the ski stuff and the shoes. The shoes were very heavy which made me very diff to move..and it became worst whe u wore the ski. At fisrt, my friend hought me how to move, it seemed easy, just like ice skating. Then we went up to this mountain that was considered for beginners. We went up using the lift then we went down. At first i was only planning to wait for my friends at the edge but..i cant stop and just ran down the hill. I felt my heart beating like crazy and im sure that it almost stopped for a few seconds. I went down in a great speed and i did not even know how to stop..I shouted and at last just gave up. VEry cold, wind blew my whole body while i flew down. I tried not to bump into any body but i failed. At least i could stop now. So i hit this man and we fell. Face first. It was hard for me already to sit up and this man already cursing me.I ignored cause i was still in trauma.. One of my fren approached me and helped me out to stand but i kept on falling again n again.

I gave up and decided to carry the ski down the hill and walked. After that i refused to go up and try it again or even to move using my ski. I just waited for everyone playing. Then there was this place where small kids and real beginners played. I tried it with my sis and some frens but still i could not stop and fell. Unlike my sis, she got it after trying twice. Therefore, she moved on to a harder place, a steeper mountain. They asked me to go with then n i refused and just stood there waiting and freezing. Oh by the way, they were using fake snow as it ws not snowing yet so the ice was very hard and slippery.

After almost one hour waiting, 2 of my frens that i have been searching for showed up. They also beginners but they used snow boards. We have the same prob which is cant stop. Im still in trauma so i only tried a few times and waited most of the time. The last two times i tried, i could slow down but still stop using my butt. however, there was one time where i could really stop without falling. I got very excited and slipped so in the end i fell again. Before we went home, we bought this delicious waffle.

My frens asked me to go skiing again before i went back to indo but im still 50-50 with that.

No comments: